Friday 17 April 2020

seashell hangings

Hello, I hope everyone is doing well today.

I wanted to show off something we have been working on, another crafty project, but what else is their to do in times like this. Boredom sets in and so do the creative ideas, as you can tell by the title, we have been making shell hangings. Everything has been sourced locally and collected over the years by ourselves. 

We have a jar full of shells, glass, dried seaweed small stones etc. that we have collected and created a sea jar with, we then emptied the jar all over our garden table and pulled out the most sturdy shells we could find.




We drilled holes through the shells and driftwood, or to be specific, my dad did, he also taught me how to tie a fishing knot to keep things secure and stop things falling off. I am by no means a fisherman (or woman I guess) I leave that to my dad and my partner. 
We also used my dads fishing wire, the only thing we haven't found on the beach, thankfully. 

These have been really fun to make and I haven't made anything like these before, and we plan to make more, this isn't the best picture but here is a picture of the finished thing, This is my first one, we have plans for a big one in our garden. I will post a picture of that when its done.



I have decided to add a bonus picture of our gorgeous cheeky dog who loves our neighbour more than he loves us. (She gives him fish skins) this is him trying to figure out how to hop over the fence. I will leave you with this picture and I will see you next time. Bye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment